Friday, July 15, 2011

It's not just me

When the time stands still
And I'm alone with my thoughts
It reflects on the pain
On the 'once was' of my heart.

When the day comes to end
The hour of your arrival close
I reflect back on our times together
How it was you that hurt the most

But what I never look back on
And maybe it's selfish of me
Is that it's possibly the same for you
And I'm just too blind to see.

I've hurt you too
This I've never denied
It's not just me that has doubts
But maybe you put yours aside

If I were you
And I looked back
You'd see me as another
Who just added to your crack

Another thorn,
Another ache
Another drawn out mistake.

Maybe it's not just me
Who feels so insecure
But while we're in this lie together
How can we ever be sure.

7.15.11
6.42pm

2 comments:

  1. I love this part, "another thorn another ache another dean put mistake." That's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It 'came to me'.
    I realized a lot today that seemed to have a small amount MORE perspective than before. I have to write about it soon.

    ReplyDelete