Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I believe in denial to be accepted.

I don't know why I wanted the title to be that. It seemed fitting. Maybe I'll understand why later.
Talking to a friend last night for a brief moment, she relayed a topic I ought to put a little focus on and maybe write about.

"Denial of something you believe in, to be accepted."

My name? - No. I have never denied my name. It reminds me of a family now gone, but never forgotten. It reminds me of the love my parents have for me in the name's background itself.

My religion? - No. I have never denied it, but I don't embrace it either. Religion has taught me a lot, and not just my own. I appreciate that my family didn't shove their beliefs down my throat and allowed me to explore other virtues.

Maybe it's me and I just have always led a straightforward life about who I am, what I'm about. Or maybe I don't have the right words to ...say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment