Sunday, August 5, 2012

"Do work, Chris."

"I didn't do anything wrong to lose you so I don't think I need to be doing work to get you back.." ...those words came to me, almost spat out of me, while in the shower. I looked up and if there was a mirror before me I'd have stared right back at me, disbelief all over my face.
Completely confused.
It hurts.
It hurts he doesn't think about me or love me anymore.
It hurts that he talks and/or flirts or wants to be with others.
It hurts he makes time for others.
It hurts.

But I didn't....do anything...wrong. I didn't. All I did, was truthfully, unconditionally..love him. Over and over again, despite all the emotional torture, then and now..all I did was love him. All I wanted was to make him happy. For him to show me he loved me, a little better, not A LOT better but a little better than he was.
Need me a little. Share with me a little.

Now? ...
A friend of mine said this "..Let him come to you. If he really loves you he will find a way back to you.."...and she told me that when I told her I couldn't hang on anymore, I wanted to call him. She asked why. I said I didn't know. She asked what would I have said if I had called and he had picked up. I said I didn't get that far. I was in dire need to just..hearing his voice. But she's right. Don't do it.
And I didn't.
I don't have to do work.
He does. He. left. me. If he wants to be with me, he's gotta do work...
..make your decisions and do work.
I might ramble a bit more before the night's decline, but tomorrow may be a whole new person.
Tomorrow he sees just how real it is and I find out just how strong I am against him.
...do work, Chris...

No comments:

Post a Comment