Sunday, August 21, 2011

Invisible

I stay close to some of my friends over the years via Facebook. Some I used to work with, some I used to know through other friends who are still part of my life or who have moved on. Regardless, everyone on my list is someone I've met face to face or someone I'm very close with. Students, parents. Family. Friends.

Today one in particular stuck out ...an old flame of a very good friend of mine.
They'd parted ways years ago but she and I have always remained in mild contact. A great woman. Strong, mother of more than 3 I believe. I haven't seen her in so long but I know she's been through a lot. Especially in her personal life. Recently, and by that I mean, possibly a few months maybe? She met someone and they've met and I find out she's moving from jersey to Northern Arkansas to be with him. Moving as in, herself and her sons. Leaving her home, her job and everything she knows here, and going clear cross hundred if miles.

And my heart ached. Still does, honestly. I know she's thought it through. I know it's her life, but a part of me has a looming fear that ...
I won't say it.

I just hurt a bit.
I refuse to be the negative in all the positive she sees in this endeavor. I refuse to be the one grey cloud in the vast blue sky that is her life.
I don't know that feeling. Moving my entire life to be with someone else.
I guess part of me wish I did.

Part of me feels invisible enough to think the worse in her situation.
I don't know how much sense that makes but it's there.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your fear and it might not work but i take a different virw. I admire her strong faith that tell her eveb after a failed relationship or a few that she can and should take that leap of faith. I am jealous that she was able to and only wished i had the same ability...or maybe the same courage.

    Ps it does still make me put in a word. The last one tughztu. Whatever the flip that means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out due to reasons unshared except that there were issues with the schools there for her children, she has to move back to Jersey. This place is unavoidable. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete