Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You fail

You fail at being the one to say you're sorry when it ought to matter.
You fail at understanding I was never spoken down to as a child so when you do it, it makes me mad.
You fail at understanding that it's your words I never forget and it's your words that hurt the most regardless of who and why.
You fail at the simplest things to keep me happy so despite us talking... You've failed at us. And that is disappointing.
You fail at smiling at your daughter because you look too late or never look at all.
You fail at doing things that you enjoy or are good at because you are just too lazy.
You fail at romance because you feel you don't need it anymore. You won the chase and got the prize.
You fail at being healthy because you don't care if you die tomorrow.
You fail at providing for me as the one who does everything with little reward. Little appreciation or recognition.
You fail at loving equally. You fail at the word and action and almost every aspect of it ..you fail at wanting better or more because it would involve trying. And yeah .. You fail at trying.


I fail at allowing it all..and staying.


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This is so profound. I loved it. It reminds me of a blog I wrote,"angry" in December 2008. Amazing how we allow others to impact us into feeling like failures for their actions. Its so true

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read your too and it does make me feels the same. And it's true. I hate that makes me the failure due to someone else's shortcomings. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete