Thursday, June 16, 2011

Scars - 4.21.06

Scars are there to remind you
Scars are something you don't always see
Scars were made for you not to forget
Like you, they always seem to remind me.

Of a blatant lie, a broken promise
A moment I lived to regret
A tragedy made by accident or on purpose
A moment where I...the strong one, was made to submit.

A shattered thought, a tattered dream
Brought to my knees, I won't lie
It'll remind me of the darkness that shielded me
Shadowed the tears that i silently cried.

Its depth would remind me of the endurance
The blood, part of my soul I no longer hold
The scab that once marred flesh
Left a mark that shows itself now, so bold.

The insecurity I hide
The nerves that lay in a bind
Everything's now twisted and knotted
Mind, heart and soul, not only body, left behind.

My scars tell not only stories
But they give me fair warning of a past
Tells me that the journey is far from over
And each new scar I'll get is a moment longer I will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment