Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mindy has a fan-club

Those were Chris' words to me this morning as he came to bed. I was partially awake when he started talking, but I heard every word as if I was bright eyed and bushy tailed.

We had to dress up for work last night, and there was a small parade for the kids at the gym between 5-8. Seeing as how the part Chris and I were to attend on Saturday was a bust - meaning, there was no baby sitter available (my parents were busy with their own plans, jaiden would not stay with his parents.), and there was a snow storm that night, he ended up going alone with no costume. I didn't mind seeing as how I was tired and it was his friend (one of the few he still had).

_Sidetrack comment_
He did however piss me off slightly because he left for the party late, which I didn't care, but as he was leaving he said he would be back in 30 minutes. 9.30..10pm...11pm..11.30 - There was a State of Emergency declared for Jersey because of the storm, and the roads were bad. I was only concerned because half hour had turned into almost 3 hours. His friend didn't live far but with the weather, I called. He said that he was a big boy and could handle himself. I let him know that's not why I called. I just wanted to be sure he was safe. AND I knew he would drink so it didn't help the issue.He blew it completely out of proportion and we were disconnected. He thought I hung up on him, which I hadn't. It's something I hate being done to me so I would never do it to someone else, moreso him. He got home after midnight and I still wasn't mad, gave him a hug and told him so. I just wanted to know he was safe. That's all.
AND when I called his friend's phone, his friend said he wasn't there. AT THAT moment, he called me ad said he was. So, same party and conflicting stories. ...Caused a small snaffu. His friend did call back to apologize for the misinformation though.

_END COMMENT_

So last night Chris came in costume to my job for the first time and he was introduced to every one. Including my male co-worker, Kyle. Kyle is a young guy, about 22, I believe. Very smart. He's worked there for a number of years with a desire to become a trainer. Now, I don't know why Chris felt the need to tell me, but he did, he said

Chris:" That guy you work with has a thing for you"
Me: "Who? Kyle?"
Chris: "Yeah him.."
Me: "No he doesn't, he's a child, prolly barely 21, I've got almost 10 years on him? What makes you say that."
Chris: "When he walked in and saw us he made every attempt to avoid being introduced to me and after that his whole attitude changed. And you realize you look barely 21, too, right?"
Me:" Haha..that's funny"
Chris:" And he couldn't stop looking at you, making oogle eyes" (I assumed this is was he was saying, he tends to mumble from time to time.)
Me:"I don't know..I talk about you all the time.."
Chris: "That's why...Mindy's got a fan-club"
Me:"1 person isn't a fan club."
Chris: "Two..."

A few days ago I asked him from a guy's point of view, would he, if he dropped something in front of a girl and it was just them two in the room while talking, would he bend at the knees or bend over? He stated he'd bend at the knees. This instance had happened to me the night before. Just myself and another co-worker from another department in the gym. He dropped his pen and bent over to get it instead of bending at the knees. I just found it strange and it 'bothered' me enough to ask if it was something a guy would do intentionally. Or maybe he's absent minded?

The guy's not ugly and I'm sure I'm older than he..but still.

It was a twist for Chris to notice another male on the prowl and to verbalize that he noticed it. Perhaps just a hint of jealousy? Mm...I'm sorry but that was a little bit of a turn on. Thank you God for bringing me a good few weeks and this wave of mystery into my life. I look forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment