Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Flip side kinda feels ok

On the flip side of everything that was and everything that has happened, Chris has been acting differently. Perhaps a TAD more caring and appreciative. A TAD more attentive and a TAD more responsive (at times). I'll be real and say YES he has changed. Can I point out exactly what? No. Can I say why? No.
But I have a 'for instance' or two.

Last week I ended up working 5 out of the 7 days of the week and longer hours than anticipated. On one of those 5 days he did in fact take care of dinner and waited for me to get home so we could eat as a family, together. It made me smile on the inside, the thought, the gesture was DEEPLY appreciated and I told him so. The effort took me by surprise and I adored it.

Another instance was a weekend that Sunday I worked that morning. And after work, I came back and he asked if we wanted to go for a hayride and pumpkin picking that evening. Again, he never makes plans of any kind but to ask that after waking up earlier than usual (I'd taken my daughter to work with me) and then going ahead with our plans which was ON TIME. The day was not wasted. We had our corn maze, our hay ride, our pumpkin picking and that night we spent time searching out pictures and then carving our pictures on the pumpkin. After I messed my own up, he 1. encouraged me to find another picture and 2. he spent the rest of his time, despite being tired from doing his own, to help me with mine. Cut his finger on it in the process and still helped me finish. Cleaned everything up and relaxed while enjoying our first pumpkin carvings.

2 nights ago we spent what felt like a long time but was actually an hour (and a half to clean up) to separate and clean up Jaiden's unused toys to give to goodwill. It was supposed to be a simple quick task that turned into a living room disaster. BUT like I said, it was done in less time than we thoughts. And after all was done, he took out ALL the garbage even though it was cold as all hell.

I don't know what his incentive is to be as nice as he has been, but on my side, it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment