Sunday, December 11, 2011

Am I really seeing what my future

...might be? I have a co-worker, her name's Charlotte. In her mid 40s, A young son, 7 years old. The father of said son, claims he wants to be in his son's life, but never has once tried to be. Not that she keeps him away. He had a severe drinking problem, ran around on her, and just bled her dry, ran her into a hole so deep of debt she can't find her way out. I'm a tad scatter-brained on thoughts at the moment so it will feel jumbled, un-clear even.
But when she talks, and I talk, ...we sound similar. Our choices, our paths, the men in our lives (her past and my present)...and I reflect on it all ..and it haunts me, painfully so. It'll be 5 years of us 'together' in October of 2012....
20....12...
Such a long time to be in the SAME place with someone. To have no future..to let the years just...drone by.
And when I saw Kenny get engaged tonight, my heart broke, I think. He's like a little brother. They don't live together, him and Holly. But they're....making plans. I just..it killed me.

But I sit and I wonder...is this going to be my in my mid 40s, with a my daughter in her teens, and still struggling to make ends meet, with a ...person like that in my life...sucking the sustenance from me? Am I going to be searching and hoping...because I found out after too late?
Will I have waited too long?

No comments:

Post a Comment